Signs of Change: Opening Reception + Street Art Panel
Can 60 of Philly's most inspired artists help to increase voter turnout this coming Election Day, November 3rd, 2015? We vote YES.
Our show is a collection of "Vote Here" signs from 60 of Philadelphia's most notable (and up-and-coming!) artists, with new works by:
- NoseGo, Isaiah Zagar, Joe Boruchow
- Kid Hazo, Old Broads, Dominic Episcopo
- Gaia, Anthony (Seper) Torcasio, Harlequinade
- Darla Jackson, Kelly Kozma, Hawk Krall
- Brendan (Peopledelphia) Lowry, Amber Lynn, Ryan Beck
- Jessie Mademann, Sean Martorana, Dennis Murphy
- Mike L. Perry, Sophie Roach, Miriam Singer
- Jason Andrew Turner, Mac Whalen, Aubree Eisenwinter …and MORE!
Together, these artists' "Vote Here" signs will create a 1-day, pop-up art installation across Philadelphia on Election Day, November 3rd. The signs will be placed outside of polling locations around the city in an effort to celebrate civic engagement and shout out â€“ with art â€“ where to vote!
This is your ONLY chance to see all 60 signs in one place at one time!
And in addition to the incredible artists listed above, we'll host an hour-long panel discussion with: NDA, Ishknits, Ryan Psota, Austin Seraphin, and Sonia Petruse! Moderated by Conrad Benner of StreetsDept.com.
Doors are at 6pm. Artists panel discussion at 6:30pm. Beverages generously sponsored by Art In The Age and Narragansett Beer. And music by DJ Foxx Boogie!
The evening is pay what you wish, and we wish you can donate even just a little. Donations can either be made at the door, or in advance via TicketLeap.
More information on the Next Stop: Democracy project can be found here: http://nextstopdemocracy.com/about/